I set this up so that I can ramble on about my lead (and plastic) mountain, my endless gaming, miniature, and terrain projects, and other

insights into various games.



You'll find lots of 'pretty pictures', various modeling techniques, and hopefully some inspiration for your own lead pile. You're bound to

find something amongst my games and photos that interests you.



Sit back, open a cold one, and enjoy.


If you need something, feel free to contact me at: dglennjr at yah00 dot com









Friday, December 16, 2011

Vietnam LVPT-5A1 20mm

I now have a box/pile of 20mm Vietnam miniatures from a couple of different manufacturers, plus a box of plastic Vietcong, but haven't started to paint them yet.  I also have a collection of a few vehicles such as M113's and jeeps, and have 5 plastic Huey models waiting to be glued together. (I got a great deal and only paid about $3 each.) Though, I did have to track down some 1/72 Huey decals for them which was a pain in the butt to locate. I only found one place that had them.

Anyways, our local group has been playing 20mm Vietnam games. I don't remember how the discussion got started, but it seems there are no kits or models of a 20mm (1/72nd) scale LVPT-5A1 from Vietnam. Who knew? So, I took it upon myself and created a paper model proxy, based on some actual LVPT-5 photos to the best of my ability.

Here it is:

Here are some pictures of the LVPT-5 in the Vietnam theatre:


2 comments:

  1. This is a nice 'paper kit'. If you assemble some I'd be curious to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete