I set this up so that I can ramble on about my lead (and plastic) mountain, my endless gaming, miniature, and terrain projects, and other

insights into various games.

You'll find lots of 'pretty pictures', various modeling techniques, and hopefully some inspiration for your own lead pile. You're bound to

find something amongst my games and photos that interests you.

Sit back, open a cold one, and enjoy.

If you need something, feel free to contact me at: dglennjr at yah00 dot com

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

28mm American War of Independence Project

During this Covid-19 pandemic, I've been able to brink out my 28mm AWI figures and start painting in mass.  So, here are some progress photos from beginning to end. I've managed to paint about 250+ AWI infantry and artillery figures over the last few months.  

Painting a British Unit, or 2, or 3, or 4:

Figures are primed black and now have a white dry brush over the top. 

Started painting the coats in red. 

Painting of the cuffs, collars, and coat trim for each unit. 

Painting flesh on the hands and faces.  Now they start to look like actual people. lol. 

Trousers and gaiters are painted white.  The boots and hats are painted black. 

Time to get the rifles started.  Painted the wood brown. 

The back of the figures get some attention as canteens, haversacks, and cartridge boxes are painted. Then white is applied to the leather cross belts.  

These troops have received a black wash for the details, and then lightly dry-brushed as if marching in the sun. 

The figures have been removed from the tongue depressors and glued to 1" metal fender washers.

The bases have had white glue applied and covered in sand and fine ballast.  Then they were painted a nice earthen color with a brown wash over the ballast. 

Once dry, the base gets a light tan dry-brush over the sand and ballast. 

Glue is placed selectively on the base and then dipped into a green mix flocking. Make sure to leave areas of sand and ballast show through for a varied effect. 

Of course, the last step, which I don't have a picture of, is to add/glue a couple of 'grass tufts' to each base...grass green, spring green, yellow-green, etc.; whichever is appropriate.    

No comments:

Post a Comment