I set this up so that I can ramble on about my lead (and plastic) mountain, my endless gaming, miniature, and terrain projects, and other

insights into various games.



You'll find lots of 'pretty pictures', various modeling techniques, and hopefully some inspiration for your own lead pile. You're bound to

find something amongst my games and photos that interests you.



Sit back, open a cold one, and enjoy.


If you need something, feel free to contact me at: dglennjr at yah00 dot com









Saturday, July 25, 2020

28mm Battlestar Galactica (Classic) Miniatures

I've finally gotten around to finishing the painting and basing of my BSG (Classic Miniatures), both Colonial Warriors and Cylons.

Here's the Colonial Force.  These are a mix of custom sculpted/modified SWMB metal figures and plastic casted miniatures made from rubber molds that I made of the custom sculpts.  The Landram is a 3D print from a www.thingiverse.com file that I located. (It's not completely movie accurate, but it's close enough.) I still plan to make a custom one that is movie accurate. The wounded counters are made from a few 'miss-casts'. 

Colonial Warriors.  I have enough for 3, 6 man squads. I have some Star Wars Miniatures Battles (Wizkids) plastic miniatures that I'm going to repaint for a few more warriors and civilians. 

More Colonial Warriors.

Here's my Cylon forces. Most of the miniatures are metal Eureka figures called "Shiny One-Eyed Robots".  They weren't produced for long as the company was served with a cease and desist letter a long time ago.  I managed to get these out of a hobby shop up North were they were hiding in a dark corner for years. I did make a rubber mold of some and cast up a few more in plastic.  I used some of the 'miss-casts' for the casualty figures. 

Cylon Centurian Warriors.  The Gold ones are the squad leaders. 

More Cylon Centurian Warriors.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at doing something with this scale as got the 7TV Argonauts and a new range from Tangent Miniatures has popped up. Which Ruleset where you looking at using?

    Thanks.
    Andy.

    ReplyDelete